The exercise of any type is used for enhancing the physical fitness and wellness of an individual. Exercise using a stationary bike is a very effective way to have a good physical shape and maintain a good health. Now there are various models of stationary bikes which are designed with the latest technology and thus providing us a cardiovascular workout. So According to different types of stationary bikes, there are different health benefits that can be obtained if riding is done in a proper routine.
Types of Stationary Bikes and Benefits They Provide
There are two types of stationary bikes –
Upright bikes are designed much like the ordinary outdoor bike in which and On the recumbent bike, you can recline on a backrest with your legs stretched out to the pedal. This provides more support than the upright bike when pedalling with more comforts. Upright bikes provide benefits such as the ability to stand while pedalling resulting in the exercising of a large number of exercise groups, especially for overweight persons. So both types used in different positions gives different advantages for different persons.
Health Benefits of Routinely Riding a Stationary Bike
There are very large number of benefits which can be acquired if we ride stationary bike daily or in a perfect routine. Some of them are as follows :–
- Weight Loss – Overweight and the problems related to this has been very common now. Thus with the help of this bike it becomes easy to lose your weight easily in a quick succession. What it does as it burns the calories very efficiently e.g riding a bike at a moderate pace burns 210 calories in just 30 minutes. This means more the number of calories burned, more the weight which is lost.
- Improved Respiratory System –If we do a regular exercise then we can strengthen our heart and lungs leading to improve body’s ability to utilize the amount of oxygen we take. Moreover this will also decrease our blood pressure and the heart rate resulting in overall improvement of the Respiratory function.
- Strengthening of the muscles – Different types of activities done on a stationary bikes provides strength to different muscles of the body. As Pedaling down on the pedals makes the quadriceps stronger while pulling down strengthen the hamstrings.These bikes causes less stress on the knees leading to their improvement. Thus all types of muscles becomes stronger using these bikes.
- Low impact – A stationary bike provides a very low impact which allows us to exercise without putting too much stress on the spine. This gives a gentle workout to everyone. So, Cardiovascular exercises can be done in a very efficient way using the bike without stressing the joints of the body. By doing this also we are away from the cardiovascular diseases.
- In Rehabilitation Process – All physical therapists prescribes to ride a stationary bike if u suffer from any injury or a surgery. This helps to do efficient workout which makes the injured person to get back his lost strength in the muscles and the joints.Some balance problems are also reduced or vanished away using this bike.
- Protects Immune System – Regular bikes also makes our immune system more efficient so that it can fight against the germs easily and protects us from the diseases like Cancer etc.
- Reduces Arthritis Pain – As there are pain of various forms of arthritis which causes people to discontinue their exercise, stationary bikes with low resistance gives them some comforts to do exercise. Moreover if they are exercising using this bike there are additional advantages which are explained above.
- Increases Energy – Energy the capacity to do any work is a vital need for everyone. A stationary bikes also provides this also by burning the number of fats which are there in the body of the individual. Thus more the number of fats burned, more is the energy developed in the man.
- Convenient and Effective – Stationary bicycles provides a different kind of cardiovascular workout which is safe and an ideal exercise,whether there is any snowfalls or any heat wave outside. So we can workout on a stationary bike regularly by doing other activities of home like reading or watching television.
- Safe and Easy –Different persons starts any exercise program very quickly and sometimes forcefully results in muscular and cardiovascular problems.But a stationary bike allows for gradual development of stamina without any risk of falling or maintaining a certain speed.
Summing up, riding a stationary bike is of great use for maintaining good health. It is safe and very easy to use. There is no doubt that it provides the health benefits that are indeed, the need for everyone.